What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that your browser automatically creates and that are saved on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone) or any other device when you visit websites. Cookies enable a website to store and retrieve information about a user or device's browsing habits They can be used to recognize a user as per the information contained and the way the device is used. Cookies do not cause any damage on your end-device and do not contain viruses. In fact, enabling cookies helps us to identify and resolve possible errors.
Categories of cookie
Please find below different categories of cookies and note that a cookie could be part of more than one category.
Cookies per entity that manage them
Depending on the entity that manages the server or domain from which the cookies are sent and which processes the data they contain, cookies can be classified into:
First Party Cookies
Cookies sent to the user’s device from server or domain managed by the publisher the service of which is requested by the user
Cookies sent from a server or domain managed by a third party to the user's device; If cookies are installed from a server or domain managed by the publisher but the information collected though them is managed by a third-party, they are not classed as first-party cookies.
Cookies as per time activation
Depending on how long they remain activated on the device, cookies can be divided into:
These cookies are created to gather and store data when the user accesses a website. They are usually used to provide the service requested by the user on one occasion.
These cookies are stored on the device and can be used over the period of time informed by the entity in charge of the cookies (minutes or years).
Cookies per purpose
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the options or services available, such as control traffic and data communications, identify the session, access areas with restricted access, remember the items included in an order, carry out the purchase process for an order, complete an event registration or participation form, use security components while browsing, store content to play videos or sounds or share content on social networks.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow the entity in charge of them to track and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by these cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to compile browsing profiles of the users of these websites, applications and platforms in order to make improvements based on analysing the data on how users use the service.
- Targeting and Advertising cookies: These cookies allow users to access the service with some general features defined by default according to a series of criteria on the user's device, such as language, browser used to access the service, regional settings from which the service is accessed, etc. These cookies allow the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible based on criteria such as edited content or how frequently advertisements are shown. These cookies allow the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible. These cookies store information about user behaviour collected by constantly monitoring their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising accordingly.
Benefits of cookies are the following:
(i) they help users to browse the website and access to available services;
(ii) save users from having to configure the general features defined by default whenever they access the website;
(iii) aid improved functioning and services provided by the website, after the corresponding analysis of the information collected via the cookies installed.
However, you can configure your browser, allow or block cookies, or select those that can be installed and those that cannot by following the procedure for the browser used:
Allianz Partners uses first party and third party cookies. They allow us to store and access information related to the language the browser used and other general features defined by the user and to track and analyze their activity in order to improve our services in a more efficient and personalized way.
Cookies used on this Allianz Partners's website
If you wish to block cookies, simply set your browser so that it will refuse some or all of them. However, it may be appropriate to keep the cookies for faster navigation. Deleting cookies will not hurt your browsing experience on our web site.
- To disable cookies managed by Google Analytics, go to Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
- To delete cookies in your browser options, follow steps described in the « Help » menu of your respective browser. The steps are different for each browser.